Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Green with Envy

Hello all you nail polish lovers!  

Something about the Spring time this year has changed me into a color freak!  I have been buying some of the most out of character colors and it has been so fun!  I recently went on a mad hunt for a green that spoke to me.  I really wanted a true green, a green that you can go outside and see budding all around!  E calls it a kelly green and so that is what I searched for.  I ended up with several green colors that didn't quite do the job.  The colors were either too dark or too light or shimmery or just all together the wrong green.

I finally found what I was looking for one day at Sally's!  China Glaze - Four Leaf Clover. It is amazing and depending on the light, looks like two completely different colors!  
No Flash Natural Light

Once I found the base color you know I had to do something fun!  So on the same trip to Sally's I bought Finger Paints - Art You Wondering?  Art is a really cool turquoise glitter with green bits as well.  I LOVE it!  When I bought Art I really didn't know what I had in mind for it.  I saw the "two tone" quality of Four Leaf Clover and knew immediately that I wanted to put a layer of Art on top!  
No Flash
It was nice but, of course, it just wasn't enough!  I finally got the look I was going for by adding a nice layer of China Glaze - Fairy Dust.  AND BOY OH FREAKIN BOY!!!!!  The heavens opened and the angels sang!  I finally had the look I was hoping for!  

The final look was amazing!  So much so that I had a hard time taking it off when I was ready to try something new!  Long and short of it ... I love this mani and it doesn't have to be St. Patrick's Day to rock a hot green mani!
Let me know what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any comments you'd like to leave us. If you have any questions about anything in particular feel free to email, twitter or Facebook us- we DO respond!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...