Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Tape Mani... Finally!!!

It has been a while since E first told me about the "tape mani".   This fun nail art technique using tape to create really nice sharp edges or shapes on your nails was something that has alluded me for a while now!!! I mean, it sounds so complicated, but she said it wasn't! How can this be? It's tape! I mean, she has pulled off some really cute mani's using this method and always told me that I should try it.  My patience level is not quite where E's is and she seems to get some really cool things done that I just cannot get my head around!  LOL!  "Just try and try again" she always tells me.  So I figured the other day while we were skype-ing I would try and see what I could come up with.

I already had a nice base of Wet n Wild - Through the Grapevine on my nails, so next I got out my little scissors and just started cutting some little strips of tape. Trying to place them on my nails evenly was a different story.  I will say that this was actually a fun mani to do.  It really didn't take that long and I really like the fact that it wasn't too messy.  So here is what I came up with... I hope you like it and please keep in mind this was my first time!  LOL!  I will continue to "try and try again" and hopefully, if I'm very patient and lucky, I will be able to use this trick to do many more interesting mani's in the future.  

Tada!  

Dotting Tool, Sally Hansen White On, Wet'n'Wild Through the Grapevine, I Need a Refresh-Mint & Club Havana
Not bad for my first attempt... I hope!



3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love your tape mani! I also love your color choices! I don't usually think about combining colors in this way and I really should because it's eye catching! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! I love her tape mani TOO!! I told her that it'd be awesome if she'd just give it some patience and look! VOILA! She's such a butthead but I love her lol. Welcome to the page Andrea and thanks for your positive comments!! I hope you come back often and share share share!! xo E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I just saw this! Thanks ladies... it was a bit easier than i thought so maybe i will do one again soon!
    Dom

    ReplyDelete

We love any comments you'd like to leave us. If you have any questions about anything in particular feel free to email, twitter or Facebook us- we DO respond!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...